Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Day of Firsts

Tuesday was a big day for Ellie, Kate, and especially Jack.  It was their first day of school!  Ellie and Kate attended last year on Tuesdays and this year all three kids are going on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  I had been talking a lot about going back to school and the girls would give me mixed responses.  Sometimes they would seem excited about it and other times not so much.  Ellie asked me one day if I could "grow smaller, into a little girl, and come to school with her".  It was so sweet that it made me wish I could :)  Jack is a whole different story though.  I have never left him anywhere before and he is my sweet little mommy's boy, so I knew it would be difficult.  He has recently started to clasp his arms around my neck and squeeze me, pushing his cheek against mine.  While this is the best feeling in the whole world, I knew prying him off of me would be gut wrenching. :(
Here are the pictures from their first day:

Pretty bear came to school too


This is the best pic I could get, I think his face says a lot about how he feels about school


You can tell by her frizzy french braids that I couldn't get a good picture of Kate until she came home from her first day
Kate and Ellie's teachers said that they did great.  Kate cried a little and needed her blankie and her baby, but they both participated in class.  And when I ask them about their day, they both had positive responses.  Jack's teacher said he was happy and social.... as long as he was being held.  There are 3 teachers in Jack's class and apparently he bonded to the main teacher and fussed most of the day unless she was holding him.  When I picked him up at the end of the day, he squeezed me tighter than ever before and practically climbed up my legs into my arms, saying mommy over and over again.  He was literally, physically attached to me until bedtime Tuesday night.  We have a serious Mama's boy on our hands!

If I am not holding him, this is where he is
After school Tuesday was another big first for the girls.  Ellie and Kate's first dance class!  I think I was more excited than they were.  I was in dance and ballet from the the age of 3 until middle school and loved it.  I am so excited to share this experience with them.  They looked like such big girls all dressed up in their 'ballerina costumes' as they call them :)  It was pretty much as I expected.  Ellie cried unless I was in the room and Kate danced around like she owned the place!  When they first went into to start class, Kate walked right in and said, "we need some music!"  By the end of the class both of them were participating in some way, so I think it was a success!

My ballerinas

No comments:

Post a Comment