Monday, July 16, 2012

Jack and Mommy's Trip to San Antonio

Jack and I flew to San Antonio to visit my mom and dad for a week in June.  Jack did really well on the plane and was quite the social butterfly.  The flight was not full and we had the whole row to ourselves.  He had so much fun waving and smiling at people and luckily the teenage boys sitting behind us didn't mind playing peek a boo with Jack and giving him high fives. 


he loved laying in Bella's dog bed






this electric toothbrush is fun





enjoying Grammie and Papa's big swing



Watching all the planes leave without us on them
While we were at Grammie and Papa's house we spent lots of time playing outside, swinging, going on walks, and just hanging out.  Most days, during Jack's nap, my mom and I would sneak out and go shopping.  It was nice to spend some child-free girl time with my mom :)  It was pretty relaxing for Mommy to get a taste of what it would be like to have just one baby.  My parents were nice enough to get Jack when he woke up every morning around 8, so I could sleep in.  This was amazing!  Jack is still kind of a Mommy's boy and a bit clingy, but all in all it was a great trip and I am really glad we got to go.  Unfortunately the trip home was not a smooth as the way there.  Our flight was delayed from 10:40am to 5:20pm.  They put everyone from our flight on a stand-by list to try and get us out sooner.  I was the last one put on a 3:10pm flight and Jack and I was sandwiched into a middle seat on a full flight 10 minutes before take off, but we made it.  and he was still pretty pleasant considering he has 4 molars coming in, no nap, and spent the day in an airport.  Also, a big thank you to Todd's parents as well for helping Daddy out with the girls while I was gone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment