Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sad Baby Jack

Jack had his first real illness over the holiday season.  It was so sad.  Right before Thanksgiving Jack had been a little crabby and not his happy smiley self.  He had his first two bottom teeth and two top teeth all coming in at the same time, so I thought his mouth was just making him uncomfortable.  Kate had a cold so I took the kids to the pediatrican and while we were there I mentioned that Jack had been a little fussy.  Well sure enough he had an ear infection.  I felt terrible, I had no idea.  So he had to take an antibiotic for the first time.  This made me a little nervous because Ellie has never had to take one and the one time we tried with Kate she broke out in hives and we found out she was allergic.  Luckily Jack did not have a reaction and we thought it cleared up.  We were wrong.  2 to 3 weeks later he had double ear infections and roseola at the same time.  This was one sad baby!  He was so pathetic.  He wouldn't eat at all and only nursed for almost 3 weeks.  He woke up 3 to 4 times every night and took several short naps through out the day.  He just wanted to be held and cuddled all day, which I would have been happy to do if I didn't have two other kids to care for.  It took 4 trips to the doctor and 3 different medicines before we got everything cleared up and our sweet baby was back to himself.  Lets hope we can steer clear of ear infections from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment