Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Healthy Heart and Other Stuff

Yesterday Jack had his follow up appointment with the cardiologist and he said everything looks great and that we have a healthy little boy!  When Jack was born they noticed he had a heart murmur and after an EKG and ultra sound they determined that he had a small hole in his heart called a VSD.  As you can imagine this was very scary news to hear in the hospital right after giving birth.  I was quite emotional and upset but after talking with the pediatric cardiologist we felt much better.  He assured us that this is a somewhat common, very minor defect, and almost always corrects itself in the first 12 months of life.  Well he was right!  We went in for Jack's EKG yesterday and he said it looked great.  He was almost certain the hole had closed and all we have to do is come back in a few months to make sure it is gone.  Jack did an awesome job at the doctor and smiled and flirted with the nurse.  I wish I would have snapped a picture of him with all the wires stuck to his chest, he looked like a happy little robot :)

Jack had a busy day yesterday.  When we got home from the doctor, he was playing on his floor mat and he rolled from his back to his tummy!  He did it several more times that afternoon and everytime I would cheer for him and the girls would say, " Yay Jack!"  Although I don't think they knew why we were cheering for him.

Now for a little bit about what Ellie and Kate have been up to.  We have been struggling with sharing and 'stealing' toys from one another, so I have been trying to teach them to trade.  Kate has a bad habit of snatching things away from Ellie and running away with it.  Kate thinks this is a hilarious game and wants Ellie to chase her.  Ellie on the other hand is not a huge fan of this game.  The "trade" concept is helping with this a little, but has also backfired on me.  The girls will now bring me half of a soggy graham cracker and expect me to trade them for my cell phone!

I don't have any pictures that really go with this post, but here are a couple of pictures of my silly monkeys playing in a drawer full of placemats.
kisses

No comments:

Post a Comment