Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The End of an Era

I am officailly finished breast feeding.  This may seem like a strange post, but nursing my babies has been such a wonderful experience for me and I am kind of sad.  It is just another thing reminding me that our sweet boy is leaving the baby stage.  I nursed the girls for about a year (Kate stopped at 11 months and Ellie just after 12 months) and Jack until he was 13 1/2 months.  With Jack I kept thinking how he would ever wean, but eventually it was just for nap and bedtime, and then just for bedtime, then every other night, and then that was it.  I still rock him for nap and at bedtime because I love that time with him so much.  So I apologize if this post was to much information, but I wanted to document the end of this time.  I have been pregnant and/or breast feeding since Febuary of 2009!  I guess it is time to give my body a break.  I'll end with a few pictures of Jack snuggled up with me right after I had nursed him when he was two weeks old.



No comments:

Post a Comment